Lifecycle Engineer (Network Planning)
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team responsible for shaping Canterbury’s electricity distribution network in the future. This role is ultimately about taking account of changing customer behaviour and new technology and working collaboratively with others to ensure our electricity distribution network will meet the long term needs of our customers and community.
You will have a flexible, innovative and collaborative approach to your work and to finding network and process solutions. Ideally you will hold a bachelors degree in electrical engineering and have proven experience in electricity distribution or transmission planning.
In addition it is desirable that you have:
- A sound knowledge of the application of power flow and fault study software
- Knowledge of the legislation and regulations related to the electrical distribution industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to relate to a variety of stakeholders
- A team player with excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise work and manage competing demands
- Advanced computing skills and highly developed research, written and oral presentation skills go without saying.
Orion plays a vital role in supplying electricity to our communities in Canterbury. At Orion we have an inclusive organisational culture that is built on our values:
- Connecting with and building real relationships with our customers
- Creating, by being innovative and agile
- Collaborating with our community to achieve successful outcomes.
We value diversity and offer a modern working environment, an active social club and flexible working practices that encourage work-life balance.
Please submit a cover letter and CV with your application. For further information please contact Jade Taylor on 03 363 9815.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: ESAQ82092
Closing Date: Sunday, 10 June 2018