Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Our electricity network spans between the Waimakariri and Rakaia rivers and stretches from Banks Peninsula to the foot of Arthur’s pass. Building, maintaining and operating this network in a safe and reliable way is vital to ensure our community receives a safe and resilient supply of energy into the future.
This role is all about developing great relationships with our major customers, stakeholders and team members at Orion, working with them to build an awareness and understanding of Orion’s pricing and billing structure. Based in our Commercial Team, your knowledge of electrical engineering will be invaluable as you provide technical advice and support to your colleagues and our major customers in relation to delivery charges among other things. You will be a natural communicator and relish the opportunity to facilitate knowledge sessions about Orion’s distribution network for our retail partners.
This role is listed as 'flexible' on our website which means we are open to discussions around part time and flexible working.
Your sound technical skills, experience and familiarity with our regulatory environment will set you up for success in this role. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude with a strong desire to seek the best outcomes for both Orion and the customer. While the role involves interpreting data, relaying the information in a comprehensible language to customers will be imperative.
In addition you will have:
- proven ability interpreting data and identifying options and solutions that support customers in a positive way
- capability to take ownership and responsibilities for deliverables and meet deadlines
- sound computer skills and understanding of statistical analysis
- a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
Orion plays a vital role in supplying electricity to our communities in Canterbury. We value diversity and offer a modern working environment, an active social club and flexible working practices that encourage work-life balance.
At Orion we strive towards being a workplace where people:
- can be curious, explore new possibilities and learn in pursuit of our vision
- feel safe to be themselves
- can take ownership, exercise good judgement and act
- deliver what’s required to a high standard
- support each other and work together as a team
For further information please contact Jessica Roberts 03 363 9846.
Job no: KMAQ92163
Closing Date: Sunday, 5 January 2020