Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Our electricity network spans between the Waimakariri and Rakaia rivers and stretches from Banks Peninsula to the foot of Arthur’s pass. Building, maintaining and operating this network in a safe and reliable way is vital to ensure our community receives a safe and resilient supply of energy into the future.
As part of the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) team you will champion best practice in quality, health, safety and continuous improvement across all areas of our business. This is an advisory role where you will work respectfully and collaboratively with people – coaching, motivating and supporting them to improve health and safety outcomes and embed a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
Your interpersonal skills and your ability to build strong internal networks and trusted business relationships will be key to your success. In addition you will have:
- Significant hands on experience in a quality, health, safety and environment advisor type role, with a focus on continuous learning and building a positive safety culture
- A working knowledge of health and safety legislation and relevant standards
- Proven experience working with others and tailoring learning, development, advisory, support and coaching solutions to achieve lasting change
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customers focus
- A background in an electrical/technical, safety sensitive industry is an advantage.
Orion plays a vital role in supplying electricity to our communities in Canterbury. Safety is critical at Orion and we are committed to ensuring our people, our contractors and the public remain safe around our electricity infrastructure.
We value diversity and offer a modern working environment, an active social club and flexible working practices that encourage work-life balance.
For further information please contact Jessica Roberts 03 363 9846.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: KIAP92162
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 December 2019