Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
This role provides our team and service providers with strategic and detailed technical support for the design, maintenance, replacement and development of our electricity network infrastructure distribution equipment. Key responsibilities include the development and maintenance of Orion’s ground mounted and underground network design and construction standards, including cables, ground mounted equipment enclosures and switchgear. Ultimately, you will provide exceptional service to your customers and champion continuous improvement in an environment that promotes and values safety, accuracy, innovation and smart solutions.
You will be highly organised with the ability to plan and think strategically, seeing the big picture as well as the finite detail. You possess excellent communication and practical skills and your solutions based approach will see you building strong relationships and delivering successful outcomes for the business and our community.
experience in electricity power systems with broad technical knowledge across distribution
reticulation asset classes is required.
In addition you will have:
- A good understanding of low and medium voltage cable design, installation, jointing and terminating systems and specifications
- A good understanding of low and medium voltage switchgear design and operation, ranging from low voltage fuses up to 11 kV switchgear
- A good understanding of enclosure design, specification and earthing requirements
- Strong personal leadership and the ability to inspire and motivate people
- Excellent communication skills and a customer centric approach
- Ability to connect with and contribute to the way we work at Orion
- NZ electrical registration with a current practicing license is a preference
- Understanding of the Electricity (Safety) Regulations
- Understanding of the NZ regulatory environment at it applies to electricity distribution.
About the Orion Group
The Orion Group exists to power a cleaner, brighter future for our community and New Zealand more broadly. We seek diversity of thought and encourage an inclusive and flexible working environment. This, together with our adaptable approach positions us well for the future. We are committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and we seek to engage, build strong relationships and work together to create the best outcomes. With a strong commitment to our community, we continually strive towards a sustainable future that can be shared by all.
To view the statement
of accountabilities and to apply please visit the careers page on our website: www.oriongroup.co.nz. Please provide a covering letter and CV with
For further information please contact Susan Patterson on 027 264 4075.
date: Wednesday 2 February 2022